HBN | LTM
   HaloBabies.net | LarrytheMarine.net
    Board Index  •  HaloBabies.net  •  LarrytheMarine.net FAQ     

All times are UTC

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Halo 3 Maps/Gametypes Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:08 pm 

Gamertag: Necromas
Well since the screenshots thread seems to be only for media items, and a forum search came up empty (which is a big surprise, there must have been an old one, guess it got deleted), I figured we needed a maps thread.

Maybe if we get some good maps posted, we can use them to help revive custom game night!

Here's a nifty link (click) to canvases for each map, a canvas map is one in which everything has been removed, to facilitate building your own map from scratch. Or you could even use them to play any gametypes you might think of that you want to play on an empty map.

I'll kick it off with my pirate ship battle gametype (link) and map (link), inspired by an old bungie favorite.

Quote:
I dug up my old pirate ships map I made a while ago. I wasn't the first to come up with the idea, but I did make the map myself. The basic premise is that the elephants are pirate ships, the mongooses are jet skis, and you try to capture the enemies pirate ship.

Spawn weapons are pistols and swords, weapons on the ships include brute shots and turrets. There's some equipment available too, and a custom powerup for the captain (set it to do whatever you want).

I didn't quite like how there was nothing to do with the 'sea' part of the map since the action was all based on the elephants, so I added in a little stormy waters in the middle of the map. Yes, that means I put falling fusion coils there. No, I did not set them to respawn instantly. In the eye of the storm however, there is poseidons treasure! (an overshield).

Screenshots (sorry, didn't have any good saved gameplay to screenshot)
Birds eye view of one of the ships
Front of a ship
Inside a ship
I predict rough seas ahead
I was right!

P.S. I did a little flythrough that is uploading to gamvee.

And here's a team based zombies gametype (click)
Quote:
Basic premise: Plays like the classic Halo 2 zombies, except with one simple rule, when anyone dies they must change teams to the team that killed them, as if they were a human killed by a zombie. It's pretty chaotic and a nice change of pace from classic zombies which pretty much relies on interesting maps to change things up. While Halo 3 provides us with the infection gametype, it does not have this functionality, so we must go back to team slayer and use an honor system.

Honor system rules:
-For maximum fun, start with teams of 2, or teams of 1 for low player counts.
-If you die, you must immediately change teams to the color of the person that killed you.
-If two players kill each other at the same time, they both change to the others team.
-If you are unsure who killed you, or what color they were when they killed you, make your best guess and nobody whine about it.
-Everyone is a winner since in the end, everyone should be on the same team.
-Kudos though to anyone that goes through a full round and wins without ever having changed teams, and to a lesser extent to the original members of the winning team even if they did change around.
-You change teams every time you die, not just once, not just if you are killed by a sword.

Gametype rules:
-Basic team slayer
-Shotgun and Sword spawn
-No weapons or grenades on map
-No shields
-Only vehicles on map are mongooses

Flavor text:
Red Team are the vampires
Blue Team are the infectious nanite cyborgs
Green Team are the zombies
Orange Team are all Grif
Yellow Team are victims of the super virus
Purple Team are alien body snatchers
Brown Team are sewer mutants
Pink Team are bubble gum enthusiasts, but they only like the pink original flavor and try to force their ideals on everyone

or maybe...

Red Team are pirates
Blue Team are ninjas
Brown Team are werewolves
Yellow Team have herpes

Or whatever else your players can come up with, feel free to decide on your own what your team represents. For added fun, try to figure out what you've become at the end of the game, for example, if I went from brown to red to green, I would be a mutant vampire zombie.

(If anyone finds an existing maps thread, I'll move this there)

Post subject: Re: Halo 3 Maps/Gametypes Thread
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:43 am 

Gamertag: xkevlar
I was starting to wonder if this site had a 'Maps' Forum. I guess not. Anyways, I guess I'll check out your game right now.

Post subject: Re: Halo 3 Maps/Gametypes Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:19 am 

Gamertag: Sunsmythe
Pirate ships.. phenomenal!
Now how would one get to play the map?
(Remember i've only been on xboxlive & therefore Halo 3 multi for 8 days..! wow.)

[ 3 posts ]